Dry winter air is so harsh on our skin! I swear my skin ages 20 years from January to March. Today I’m sharing 7 skincare products that I rely on to combat dry winter skin.
Let me start by saying that I truly believe the health of your skin starts from within. Meaning what you put into your body radiates to the outside. Whenever I get my eyebrows done my aesthetician can tell if my skin is dehydrated within seconds. It’s crazy! A reminder that drinking lots of water (I try to drink a gallon a day!) throughout the day and eating lean, clean and green when you can (I always aim for 2 meals a day to be dairy free) is key to keeping your skin youthful and nourished.
BUT, a few beauty products can help get those extra nutrients to the surface of your skin. I have tried a lot of beauty products and keep going back to the same few. Here are my favorite skincare products for your face and body…
S K I N C A R E P R O D U C T S F O R Y O U R F A C E
- Elemis Cleansing Balm – I love this product for a few reasons. First of all it is super gentle on your skin. It removes your makeup without drying out your face and adds a clean layer of moisture that you can build on! I love that you can also use it as a face mask by leaving it on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing. It also smells amazing.
- M61 Hydraboost 2.0 Serum – I’ve talked about this brand countless times but this serum is essential if you’re in need of some extra moisture. It is packed with Vitamin B5 to restore the moisture in your skin, aloe to soothe dryness and tamarind to improve hydration levels and the way your skin holds onto water. It is a great base to your moisturizer.
- Elemis Ultra Rich Pro-Collagen Marine Cream – I’ve been using this consistently at night for about 2 months and notice a HUGE difference in my skin. It is so thick and luxurious without feeling greasy. It absorbs quickly and leaves your skin feeling smooth and supple. The best moisturizer I’ve found for the price that provides deep hydration.
- La Mer The Eye Concentrate – Ok, I know that this stuff is fricking expensive and it took me some serious convincing to bite the bullet but it is totally worth it. The applicator makes it so you never apply too much (meaning this little jar goes a long way) and within seconds I feel this working on my eyes. I was told to apply it on my underlies, lids, temples and all around my eyebrows. It is meant to deeply moisturize the most delicate skin on your face and it definitely accomplishes just that. When I wake up in the morning I can feel to the touch just how moisturized my eyes are. The best eye cream I’ve found!
- Elemis Superfood Facial Oil – This isn’t pictured because I had just run out but you need this in your routine. It is luxurious, lightweight and super hydrating. The final step in my routine and most days I apply it a few times throughout the day. I even put this on my hands and apply it first thing when I wake up, too. It is filled with antioxidants to give your face that extra boost it needs to feel extra glowy.
*Note: this is my typical nighttime routine in this exact order. In the morning I usually just use the cleansing balm and a moisturizer before applying makeup. I really pack it on at night so my skin wakes up feeling and looking extra hydrated!
S K I N C A R E P R O D U C T S F O R Y O U R B O D Y
- Elemis Skin Nourishing Milk Bath – I never used to like baths but this stuff is like heaven for your skin. This soak is essential for winter skin! I notice a significant difference in my skin from when I get into the bath and when I get out. Just let your body soak for 20 minutes and you’ll be good to go!
- Almond Oil (night time moisture) – I was recommended this while I was pregnant to prevent stretch marks but it is honestly the best for dry skin! I would suggest putting it on at night (since it is an oil) but it does absorb quickly and your skin will wake up so fresh and happy.
- M-61 Hydraboost Body Butter – This is the best for daily allover use. It is SO deeply moisturizing but dries up quickly so you don’t feel sticky under your clothes.
Feel free to leave any questions in the comments! xoxo