Today I have a delish recipe for you – crockpot chicken teriyaki. Give me all of the simple recipes right now and this one is a must add to your list! It is so so so good. The other night I had big plans to make crockpot chicken gyros but I was kind of craving something new. I stumbled upon this recipe and made a few changes with what was in my pantry! It comes together so quickly, served over rice and garnished with whatever you want.
Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 2 punds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (or you can use cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used reduced sodium shoyu)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic gloves pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (I used 3 teaspoons of fresh ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- toppings! we used everything but the bagel seasoning and sliced jalapenos – or use sesame seeds, green onions, cilantro – whatever!
Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker in 1/4 cup water so it gets under the chicken and set the slow cooker to low.
In a medium bowl, whisk together another 1/4 cup water and the arrowroot or cornstarch, then whisk in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the meat shreds easily with a fork. After three hours I removed the chicken, shredded it in a bowl and returned to the slow cooker to cook for another hour on warm.
Serve with white or brown rice (we used white jasmine rice) and garnish with ETBTB seasoning, jalapeños, sesame seeds, sliced green onions, cilantro – anything!
I can’t tell you how amazing this was, definitely a recipe that will be on heavy rotation for our family! Both of our boys loved it, too. Enjoy!
recipe originally from Foodie Crush!