WHEN TO SHOP
If you’re a Nordstrom cardholder, the sale starts on Thursday, July 13th. This means you must have a Nordstrom credit or debit card to access the sale online or preview it in stores. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public a week later on July 21st and runs through August 6th.
NOT A NORDSTROM CARDHOLDER? SIGNING UP IS EASY!
I’m not one to open a lot of credit cards. I like to know where my money is every month and we only personally use 2 credit cards (1 for personal, 1 for business). A few years ago I decided to open a Nordstrom card in preparation of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The perks are pretty amazing (seen here) and the benefits of early access to the sale is enough to make it worth it. It’s honestly the only store card I have and use and Nordstrom always makes me feel like a very loyal customer.
WHAT TO BUY
Like I mentioned above, the best thing about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is that the products sold are all new arrivals for fall. New items, new collections, never seen or released until now! It’s hard to even call it a sale because it feels like such a steal (Christmas in July!). It’s a sale that I truly take advantage of (seen in last year’s posts here, here, here and here). So what’s the best stuff to buy? It ranges from coats, handbags, shoes, boots, athletic wear, blouses, designer denim…the list goes on and on. To get a real preview of the exact items that will be included you can browse the catalog here but I also wanted to detail a few things on my list…
- Coats. One of the first items I gravitate towards in the sale are the coats! Usually because you can find some great leather options or classic fall coats from Vince, Kenneth Cole, Trina Turk, etc.
- Boots. Last year I bought 3 pairs of boots (insert clenched teeth emoji). This year the sale includes styles from Rag & Bone, Stuart Weitzman, Dolce Vita, Franco Sarto, UGG, Sperry, Hunter Boots and Vince Camuto. I love that Nordstrom marks down even the most classic styles that you know you’ll have for year and years to come!
- Sneakers + Activewear. The catalog is already showing styles from Adidas and Nike that I think I have to have (do you see the pink Adidas sneakers here? #omgash)! Along with so many cute leggings, sweatshirts and tanks.
- Handbags. Rebecca Minkoff is usually a favorite as well as kate spade new york and Chloé. I’m sure the sale will include some of my favorite Madewell totes, too.
- Sweaters. Another favorite of my purchases last year and one of the best investments of the sale. You’re sure to find some cashmere pieces from Theory and Vince and I always love stocking up on Halogen sweaters (cashmere at a great price).
- Designer denim. Favorites from AG, Current/Elliott, Paige, FRAME and Rag & Bone are sure to be included. Prices will be up to 40% off so the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is definitely the best time to stock up on denim for fall.
BRANDS TO SEARCH FOR
Whether you are shopping online or in stores, these brands are the ones to look for!
HOW TO PREPARE
It’s no surprise that this sale can get a little cut throat! Styles and sizes go quickly so if you want it you better act fast. I sort of go into it with the mindset that I can easily return what I don’t like (ha!). You can probably imagine what my cart looks like by the time I’m done shopping.
To avoid getting stressed about browsing quickly and making sure I have time to see/get what I want, I like to prepare a little strategy cheat sheet. This usually starts by going through my closet and trying to decide what I actually need or what could be updated. Thankfully with our move I’m well prepared! Next, I browse the catalog to get a good sense of what’s to come. I like to write down the brands and styles so I can map out what departments to browse first. I create sort of a road map and separate each brand by department (if I’m shopping in store) or style (if I’m shopping online). That way I can navigate the sale easily!
A little aggressive? For sure. But trust me when I say that items sell out in MINUTES. Plus, not to mention the things that you don’t get to see in the catalog – there are sure to be lots of new merchandise online/in stores, too!
WHERE TO START?
Right here!! I get to preview the sale a little early and will be sharing my favorite styles bright and early on Thursday, July 13th (the day the sale goes live for cardholders!). I also be doing a huge Nordstrom gift card giveaway (3 gift cards!!) so be sure to stop by and follow along on my instagram for sneak peeks and giveaway details.
Any questions? Leave them in the comments!