Shop the post:
Joie Sweater (also love this and this), Everlane Jeans (size up one size!), Madewell Denim Jacket (wearing a small), Gucci Slides, Shop Lemel Necklace c/o
I get so many questions every week for our Coffee with Liz series and sometimes I’ll get an email from a reader asking a random, fun, personal question. I’ve thrown a few in here and there but today I thought I’d share 10 random things about me!
- I am the oldest of three siblings. My sister is 28, lives in the West Loop (but just bought a house near us in the suburbs!) and is finishing nursing school and my brother is 24 and lives in Kansas where he works for The Land Institute. They are my best friends! You can see photos of them from our wedding here and you’ve probably seen them on my instagram (here is a photo of my whole family)!
- Favorite movies/tv shows. My favorite movies: Big Fish, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Sound of Music and Romeo & Juliet to name a few! My favorite tv shows: Friends and Parks & Rec are two that I could watch on repeat, I loved Breaking Bad and I’m slowly making my way through random Netflix series. Most days though I watch NBC news, the Food Network or HGTV.
- One of my biggest insecurities was always that I talk out of the side of my mouth. I always thought half of my lip was paralyzed or something (haha) and Dave calls it my dead lip. It actually appears to be getting more drastic as I get older. Last year I was with my cousin and we realized that she has it too and she said it was something my grandfather had (my dad’s dad who died 6 months before I was born). It made me happy that I carry on a small characteristic of him. I’m learning to get over it!
- I graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in Textiles. I was a clothing buyer for three years before starting my blog.
- Dave went to Michigan State with my best friend from high school (we were roommates after college) and we were introduced when Dave moved to Chicago. We’ve pretty much been together ever since!
- In my next life I want to own a coffee shop/bakery. I have always been a morning person and I love the idea of starting people’s day off in a positive way – even if it is just a hot cup of coffee and a buttery croissant (that would make me happy!). I’d also like it to have a corner where people could shop some pretty stationary and pick up a bouquet of flowers. I always a appreciate a well designed brand and love the idea of all of my favorite things in one place!
- I am a huge homebody. As I’ve gotten older I find myself becoming more of an introvert where I used to be a total extrovert! I say ‘no’ way more often than I should but with two kids, a husband, a business and finding time for myself, it sometimes feels like I am stretched too thin. I savor my nights and I’ve realized the importance of giving myself time to recharge rather than filling up my calendar.
- If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would probably be a cheeseburger.
- If I could move and raise my children anywhere, I think I would move to the English countryside (think The Holiday). I have never been there but it feels like the most quaint, peaceful, calming, safe and picture perfect spot. Dave and I still dream of moving to Charleston one day, too!
- When things are quiet on the blog/social media I’m usually doing one of the following: playing play doh with Charlie, putting together a train set, at the library, reading Children’s books, walking Webster, grocery shopping, doing laundry, washing bottles, emptying the dish washer, cleaning our house, preparing meals for Charlie/cooking, building a barn for Charlie’s animals or staring at my babies. That’s my real life! You guys may see pretty photos on my accounts and on the blog but these are the reality of my days. Minus a few loads of laundry, I wouldn’t change it for the world 🙂
Leave something random about yourself in the comments! I love getting to know you all a little better! xoxo