I am always asked about fun activities to do with your kids and even asked for your opinion on my Instagram stories! I received so many great suggestions and decided to list out 10 of my favorite activities to do with your kiddos this summer (all in the surrounding Chicagoland area). We live in the west suburbs so a lot of these are focused around my personal local but I’d love to get a conversation going in the comments…if you’re in another area of Chicago and have some fun suggestions, leave a comment and I’ll make updates to this post so you can refer back to it!
Before I dive into your suggestions I also wanted to share some of our own personal favorite activities, even if they are small. We love packing a picnic and walking to our local park for lunch, mornings at the pool (before nap time), walking into town and getting lunch, early morning walks to Starbucks and then watching the trains pick up commuters, Hinsdale Public Library (they have a great floor dedicated to children and a calendar of events!), making popsicles with our Zoku, spending days in our backyard with chalk, our water table and pool, walking Fullersburg Woods and .
Best Summer Activities to Do with Kiddos in Chicago
- Model Railroad Garden at Chicago Botanic Garden
- DuPage Children’s Museum in Naperville
- Harvester Park at Burr Ridge Park District
- Ceramic Painting – Color Me Mine in Burr Ridge and Ceramic Art Cafe in LaGrange
- Uniquely Thursdays on Thursday nights in Hinsdale
- Farmer’s Market Guide to Chicago and surrounding areas! There is one every day of the week!
- Brookfield Zoo, Lincoln Park Zoo, Shedd Aquarium
- The Choo Choo Diner in Desplaines looks adorable!
- Swim lessons at your local pool! We just signed Charlie up for swim lessons, we also love Gold Fish Swim School.
- Ty Warner Park in Westmont
- Children’s activities at Morton Arboretum
Leave your suggestions in the comments! xoxo
*I’m wearing this dress (in a small).