No. 1 Gucci Nymphea Bamboo Handle Tote Bag // No. 2 Gucci Marmont Shoulder Bag // No. 3 Chloé Faye Suede Shoulder Bag // No. 4 Louis Vuitton Monogram Bag // No. 5 Givenchy Antigona Leather Satchel // No. 6 Prada Saffiano Tote Bag
Another frequently asked question I receive is what designer handbags I think are worth the hefty price tag. These items are definitely a splurge but ones that I consider a timeless investment in your wardrobe. I have a few bags in my closet, none of which are super trendy, that I honestly believe go with whatever I wear on any given day. Here are my suggestions:
- Gucci Small Bamboo Handle Tote Bag: Everyone needs a classic black handbag and I love the size and shape of this Gucci one. The bamboo handle is such a feminine touch and something that continues to resurface every decade. It reminds me of a bag that my grandmother would hand down to me and something that I know would stay in the family for years to come. A good handbag gets better with age.
- GG Marmont Small Shoulder Bag: I can’t tell you how many compliments I receive on this bag. I actually own the medium size but the shape and color is such a classic. I love the chunk gold hardware and how glam it feels. At the same time, it is feminine and soft and the perfect size for running around. A classic shoulder bag!
- Chloe Faye Shoulder Bag: Another beautiful shoulder bag and a little more on the cost effective side. How gorgeous is this color? This shape is so pretty; simple and minimal but also a statement. Chloe does colors so well and I love all of the muted pastels for Spring. The details of this bag make it looks so much more expensive than it is – beautiful suede, soft leather and classic hardware.
- Louis Vuitton Speed Bag: Clearly the classic LV print is not going out of style any time soon and this bag still remains one of my all time favorites. It was actually the designer bag I dreamed about in college. The shape is just so cute! I imagine this in my grandmother’s closet too and only getting better with age.
- Givenchy Small Antigona Bag: Probably the favorite of my designer bags. It reminds me of the song “she works hardddd for the money!” When I walk down the street with her, I feel powerful and proud that I bought her with my own, hard earned money. She is classic but a little edgy and the leather is BEYOND beautiful. The shape is like an updated bowler bag which I love. It holds way more than you think!
- Prada Saffiano Small Tote Bag: When I get asked about designer handbags most of you seem to be looking for a tote. If you need something bigger for your whole office then I always recommend the LV Neverfull but if you’re looking for something a little more polished then I loooooove the Prada Saffiano tote. It’s gorgeous and just looks like it should accompany a girl boss. It may not fit a big computer (definitely a MacBook Air or iPad) but it will make a statement to your clients and anyone who passes you on the street.
Two more favorites in my closet include the Gucci Disco Bag (a classic, I love the shape and size!) and my Fendi 2Jours bag. Those are my top selects! There are so many great options out there and if they aren’t in your budget then maybe try looking at some consignment shops like The Real Real or Tradesy or Fashionphile!