Tis the season for holiday baking and I’m loving any excuse to whip up my favorite sweet treats! When I was growing up, my mom made biscotti around Christmas and to this day, it always makes me feel at home. She used to make two flavors: a cinnamon sugar variation and a fruit and nut version, so when I saw this recipe for cranberry pistachio biscotti I knew I had to recreate it! I’ve been on a huge sweet kick lately, so I knew this was the perfect opportunity to use Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener again to reduce the sugar without compromising on the biscotti’s texture or sweetness.
Food is my love language and since we aren’t celebrating the holidays with family this year, I’m using this season to send everyone some love from afar. I ordered cute cookie tins to box up my favorite sweet treats to send a little love from our kitchen to family, friends and neighbors. These biscotti are such an easy way to send everyone a little dose of holiday cheer!
Deliciousness and gifting aside, using Truvia® Sweet Complete™ also means you can satisfy your holiday sweet tooth with less sugar. Sweet Complete™ is a granulated sweetener that measures cup-for-cup like sugar and bakes and browns in recipes – all with zero calories per serving! It has become a go-to in our house for baking since it’s so easy to swap into any of your favorite recipes. Here is the biscotti recipe I used:
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
- Form the dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set. Sprinkle with the candy crystals or sprinkles. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
- The biscotti can be made ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days, or wrap them in foil and freeze in resealable bags up to 3 weeks.
So yummy and a fun activity to do with your kids, too! I even added a teaspoon of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ All-Purpose Sweetener to sweeten up our favorite hot chocolate mix to serve with these cookies! A delicious morning treat or a relaxing way to end your day!
A big thank you to Truvia® sweetener for sponsoring this post!