It has been 14 weeks since I had Charlie and I am currently 3 pounds above my pre-baby weight. I am breastfeeding and I’ve read that fat tends to hang around when you’re nursing but I am determined to do good for my body and baby in 2016. If breastfeeding has taught me anything it’s that our bodies are AMAZING. My body is no longer mine, it is a beautiful machine that is working for my baby and whatever I put in will in some way be transferred to him. I want to work to make my body stronger – on the inside and out – and 2016 is going to be the year that I create the best version of myself.
This resolution is nothing new, everyone vows to exercise more and eat healthier but this year I really mean it. Here are a few things that I am determined to do to better myself in the new year:
- Start each day with a glass of water with a lemon
- Drink 10 glasses of water per day
- Go to TDM 3 days per week (mom’s: TDM has an amazing infant/child care!)
- Do Tone It Up videos when Charlie is sleeping
- Be active at least 15-30 minutes per day
- No alcohol Sunday-Thursday (try to maintain this as much as possible)
- Stick to a lean meat, veggie and fruit diet (limit dairy, sugar and complex carbs)
- Buy cute workout clothes and wear all day so I feel better about myself 😉
I don’t know about you but cute workout gear is a game changer in my routine. Not only does it make me feel more confident during my workouts but wearing fitted clothing also makes me feel more determined to make a change. That might be a silly concept but it works for me. I’ve rounded up some fun items that I’m looking to add to my closet to help get my butt into gear.
What are your resolutions??
Mara Hoffman Leggings // Nike Top // Water Bottle // Zella Layered Top // Happy Ear Buds // Yoga Mat // Jawbone Bracelet // Barre So Hard Top // Nike Shorts // Nike Air Max Sneakers // Floral Sports Bra // Dry Fit Shirt // Garmin Fitness Watch // Nike Sneakers // BluePrint Juice Cleanse // Yoga Mat Bag // Mesh Cutout Leggings