La Vie Rebecca Taylor Dress (wearing a small), Vince Loafers (only a few sizes left! also love these, these and these), Sonix Sunglasses (sold out, similar here and here), Nadri Criss Cross Ring, Nadri Ear Crawlers, Gucci Marmont Bag, Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Pink Nude
Today officially marks the start of public access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale which means everyone gets to shop! At this point I feel like I have browsed/shopped the sale a few times and I have a pretty good understanding of the best things to add to your list. My strategy is to stay away from the more trendy items (except this dress is only $35, seen here!) and really focus on closet staples. Items that you KNOW you’ll wear in the fall and most likely for seasons to come.
My outfit is one of my favorites from the sale (you can see more looks here). I immediately fell in love with this little Rebecca Taylor shirtdress. I have always loved the idea of a shirtdress but most of the time them seem a bit stuffy for my style. This one is fun and flirty with the drop waist and mini fit. It fits a bit on the boxy side which I actually prefer since I am the widest at my hips. I’m wearing a size small.
I paired it with my new favorite Vince loafers for fall. Hoping these are restocked for you all! If not, a few other pink flats that I found are these, these and these (apparently a trend for fall!). Accessories are one of my favorite parts of sale. I picked up these ear crawlers that are perfect for everyday and this criss cross ring. I picked up two pairs of sunglasses – these Le Specs aviators and these Sonix sunglasses. Sadly my Sonix sunnies were gone fast (again, hoping for a restock) but they are available in other colors here.
So if I were going to label my top 5 picks from the Anniversary Sale, here is what you need:
- Denim. I purchased 2 pairs of jeans from the Anniversary Sale – these Rag and Bone jeans (true to size) and these 7 for All Mankind boyfriend jeans (size down 1 size for a “girlfriend” fit). I’m also very intrigued by these Good American jeans and I just ordered these STS Blue jeans. Why you ask? Because this mama needs some motivation after baby!
- Sweaters. I went a little crazy on the sweaters – this, this, this and this all made their way home to my closet. You can browse all of the goodness here!
- Boots. So many good boots you guys! As far as booties go I highly recommend these, these, these and these. For OTK boots I love these, these and these (love the Havano color).
- Coats. I tend to over-do it on the coats during the Anniversary Sale. Maybe it’s because I live in Chicago but I never second guess a coat purchase. I’m obsessed with this Sam Edelman anorak (seen here), this Pendleton hooded raincoat (I own in black, remember this post?) and this Kenneth Cole coat is so chic. I also picked up this Barbour coat (seen here) which is still available in green!
- Beauty! I was so impressed by the beauty section of the Anniversary Sale this year. I ended buying this beauty palette, these makeup brushes, this Sugar lip set, this nail set and this hairdryer (time to retire my Conair hairdryer from college, I use and love the t3 curling iron!).Before the sale ends I’m thinking of snagging this Supergoop set and this lotion. Also, last year I bought the Neulash duo and I still haven’t opened my second one yet! Definitely worth the splurge. My favorite Laura Mercier primer (seen in my beauty tutorial video!) is on sale too! It is the BEST and gives your skin the prettiest even glow.
So what were your favorite finds? Anything I missed? Happy shopping, friends! As always, thanks for stopping by and considering my selections a source of inspiration. As a mama who has very little time to actually browse the sale, I think these picks are the best of the best!
A big thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!