Happy Thanksgiving!!! I’m waking up this morning with that fuzzy feeling that signals the start of the holiday season. I love this holiday for the obvious reasons (family, food, toasts and cheers) but I always feel extra grateful on this day for this beautiful life that God has blessed me with. Most days this blog is about materialistic things that really don’t mean anything. Take it all away and my life would be just as full. It’s a place to inspire you to live your happiest life, feel like the best version of yourself or maybe escape a bad day. The holidays are a time to give thanks so here are 10 things I’m grateful for (today and everyday)…
- Dave. I don’t know what I’d do without his support, constant optimistic attitude, humor and the overflowing amount of love he has for Charlie.
- Charlie. My sweet little boy has made me more compassionate, more driven, more aware of my priorities and has taught my to take a step back and remember what is really important in life – family.
- Webster. Our sweet puppy who looks at me the same way he always did (before a baby seriously stole our attention). Webster is a reminder of who I was before I became a mom and is always my pillow when I need a break.
- My family. Nothing has brought me more happiness than watching my parents become grandparents and my siblings become aunts/uncles. Dave and I are so lucky to have family that are our best friends.
- My friends. Who give me a break when I need it, tell me I’m doing a great job and remind me to let loose once in awhile!
- A hot shower. A roof over my head. Food for my family. A warm bed to sleep in. A winter coat. A hot cup of coffee.
- A job that I love and that allows me to be home with Charlie.
- Christmas trees and twinkling lights.
- Creativity. A feeling that I believe truly awakens something in all of us! Surround yourself with people who inspire your inner creativity – trust me.
- You. For reading, for commenting, for liking, for supporting, for challenging me, for loving my family, for believing in this site, for your patience and for being a friend. We may be computer screens away but I truly feel a connection to all of you and that’s a special thing.
So Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you spend the day watching the parade, telling stories, hugging your loved ones, drinking champagne, walking around the neighborhood (admiring holiday lights) and ignoring the little voice in your head who tells you to stop eating/drinking. It’s totally fine, you guys. I’m cheersing you through the computer! Love you all. xoxo
Oh, and if you’re like me and sometimes need a couple hours to check out during the holidays, here are a few sales to take advantage of before the chaos that is Black Friday!
J.Crew: 40% off your purchase with code HOLIDAY. My lace top, lace pants (more sizes here), this plaid jacket, bow top, cozy sweater, velvet cami and gingham shoes!
Shopbop: Up to 25% off with code GOBIG16! I love this marble iPhone case, suede loafers, my favorite cashmere wrap, pink pom pom hat, the perfect sweater dress, the prettiest off the shoulder top and the cutest faux fur vest/military coat all-in-one!
Nordstrom: Select items on sale! Like this Tory Burch crossbody bag, classic Kate Spade knot earrings, a Chloe Drew bag, a cute beanie, Ray Ban retro sunnies, suede booties, the cutest red coat and duck boots.
Madewell: 25% off your entire purchase with code THATSALE! I’m loving this fringe cardigan, this mock neck sweater, this plaid shirt, this bodysuit, the perfect pink coat and shearling earmuffs (want!!!).
Ann Taylor: 50% off everything! I’m obsessed with this statement necklace, this coat, this cozy sweater and this full skirt (perfect for holiday parties).