Shop the post:
On Jack: Bear Sherpa Suit, Lion Hat
On Charlie: Patagonia Coat (wearing 2T, runs big), Old Navy Hat, Old Navy Shoes
On Liz: Target Hat, Old Navy Plaid Shirt, Hunter Boots
Every Fall I make a mental to-do list in my head of everything I want to do with my kids. It’s such a fun season that is too short to not truly experience. Especially now that Charlie and Jack are getting older and interact—I love watching these brothers see new things and make new memories. Charlie gets so excited about EVERYTHING these days. It makes my heart so happy to watch his little eyes get wide and his mouth drop open with the biggest gasp of excitement. I’m so blessed!
10 Fun Fall Things to Do with Your Family!
- Go to a pumpkin patch and/or apple orchard! We have already been to Harvest Time Orchards this year (remember our visit from last year?) which has the most amazing apple cider donuts, a petting zoo, pumpkins, hot apple cider, pick your own apples and more! These photos were taken at Flyte Family Farms which has a huge pumpkin patch with animals, tractor rides, donuts, games for kids and more. Such a fun day!
- Bake something! Charlie gets so proud of himself when he helps me in the kitchen! He LOVES mixing recipes and then gets so excited to take them out of the oven and see his work. I always loved being in the kitchen with my mom so this is a really important experience for me to give to my kids. They love it! A few recipes that we are excited to try the best classic cinnamon rolls, mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice marshmallow popcorn, snickerdoodle peanut butter chocolate chex mix bars, and apple cinnamon pull apart bread!
- Make caramel apples! We did this last year and it as so much fun to send up a little station and get decorating!
- Have a slumber party in the basement and watch Hocus Pocus!
- Go to Boo at the Zoo! I think all Zoo’s do this (I remember Lincoln Park Zoo doing something similar when we lived in the city) but we now live near the Brookfield Zoo.
- Carve pumpkins for our front porch.
- Take Charlie to a football game! Hoping we can make this happen.
- Have a chili competition with other families!
- Drive to the Indiana Dunes or Starved Rock and go on a fall hike/walk.
- Run a 5k with our family!
What is on your list to do this Fall? It always feels like there is never enough time to get everything done before it gets too cold so I really want to make sure we check these things off our bucket list.