Are you a morning person? I’ve always been an early riser, but after having kids my mornings have started much earlier. Over the past few years, I’ve learned to make these early hours my favorite part of the day starting with a yummy breakfast and a hot cup of coffee.
I’ve mastered the most delicious homemade granola recipe, lightly sweetened to perfection thanks to Truvia® Sweet Complete™ — our favorite calorie-free stevia sweetener. I love making a fresh batch of this granola in the morning before the boys are awake because it makes the entire house smell cozy and warm. Truvia® Sweet Complete™ is an all-purpose sweetener that bakes and browns in recipes and sweetens and measures like sugar, so it’s super easy to incorporate into your favorite recipes!
Here is a recipe for this easy homemade granola (adapted from I Am Baker):
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 2-4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons Truvia® Sweet Complete™
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice, I like dried cherries or cranberries
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Place on baking sheet and put in oven for thirty minutes. Remove and sift gently, then put back in oven for 15-30 minutes or until mostly dry.
- Remove from oven and let sit out for at least one hour.
- Store in an air tight container. Serve over yogurt, in milk, or as part of an acaí bowl.
It’s the yummiest, easiest morning recipe! I sometimes make a huge batch on Sundays and then have it for the week to enjoy as cereal, on top of yogurt, with frozen fruit or even with ice cream — the options are endless.
During the week, I also love to pair it with a quick acaí bowl (Charlie loves making one, too!). I prefer to buy the unsweetened acaí packs which can be kind of bitter, so I’ll add 1 teaspoon of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ to sweeten it up just a bit. This is the most delicious, refreshing combo perfect to kick off a busy day!
Homemade Acaí Smoothie Recipe
- 1 unsweetened packet of frozen acaí
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp Truvia® Sweet Complete™
- ½ cup almond milk
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth!
- Pour into a bowl, add your favorite toppings and enjoy! For some extra sweetness, you can even add a dash of Truvia® Sweet Complete™ on top — yummm. Seriously my favorite way to start the day!
Truvia® adds the perfect amount of sweetness to your mornings. They have so many amazing products that make it easy to find the ones that work best for you and your family. You can find all of your favorite Truvia® products here.
How do you start your mornings?
Thank you to Truvia® for sponsoring this post!