I know Halloween was only a week ago, but I’m in full on festive-mode over here. We’ve begun Thanksgiving day menu planning, I’m starting to switch out all of our pumpkins for wreaths, and I’ve been wearing more and more of the textures that always put me in a holiday mood (think sequins, velvet, faux fur, etc!). Because this time of year is packed to the brim with activity, we wanted to help you all out and create a winter wardrobe checklist that has you covered for everything from more casual get-togethers with your family to fancier cocktail parties with your spouse and friends.
A few key items on the list:
- A cozy cashmere, Fair Isle, or cardigan sweater (I’ve been wearing this one nonstop)
- Easy layers like a basic tee, striped shirt, or bodysuit
- A party-ready jumpsuit, cocktail dress, statement earrings or blazer
- For casual days: a plaid button-down, skinny jeans or a corduroy skirt and booties
- A velvet clutch, statement coat and embellished flats for some holiday flair
- A good quality coat, scarf, hat and mittens for staying warm
Make sure to save this checklist to your phone or Pinterest so you can reference it later, and let us know—what’s your favorite piece in your winter wardrobe?
PS: Find more holiday inspo in one of my favorite posts from last year: 4 Holiday Looks to Wear This Season!