Here are a few things we are excited to do in the coming months:
- Find an apple orchard near Chicago to take our family!
- Go to Green City Market and get all of the ingredients to make chili at home.
- Host friends for our annual pancake party where everyone has to bring something pumpkin flavored!
- Buy all of the scented candles.
- Bundle up in our cozy sweaters and take an architectural boat tour along the river.
- Weekly Saturday morning walks along the lake with coffee.
- Dress Charlie up for halloween!
- Bake pumpkin bread.
- Carve a pumpkin and bake spicy pumpkin seeds.
- Find the best pumpkin donut in the city.
I love going to the Green City Market (a beautiful farmers market in Lincoln Park) on Wednesdays when it is slow. Saturday mornings are packed for good reason but on Wednesdays you can catch a smaller group of vendors with far less crowds. I wanted to buy some sunflowers and let Charlie play with the pumpkins. I can’t get over his outfit. He looks like a mini lumberjack! His little vest and thermal onesie scream fall.
Dave looks so handsome is his flannel shirt. His new thing is layering them over thermal tee’s for extra warmth and I think it is pretty cute. He also has 4 colors in these pants – they are just the right fit and slim but not too slim. I’m wearing a plaid skirt that screams fall and I can’t wait to pair it with sweaters and a denim shirt.
What is on your fall to-do list? Have a wonderful weekend, friends!