I have had many requests for my hair routine to achieve the go-to relaxed beachy waves that I usually wear on the daily. I am in no way an expert, this is just what works for me and my incredibly heavy, thick, and awkwardly wavy hair. You should know, I usually do this after a blow dry. My hair is really soft (not in a good way) and when I let it air dry it doesn’t have any texture to hold on to a curl. My hair also tends to dry like a lion’s mane so blow drying for me is usually a must (and can be a pain in the butt). I also wash my hair every day. I know I should let me hair go a day or two but I really feel so much better with a wash so it is very rare that it is second day hair – although I always like my hair on the second day, just not later that night. If I do touch them up the next day I use this dry shampoo (the best – it smells amazing!). On to the products…
1. TREemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner: Because I wash my hair everyday, I’ve gone through A LOT of trial and error. This is currently a favorite because 1) it is a great price and 2) it leaves me hair frizz free and smooth! A must during these dry winter months.
2. Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil Primer: Not only does this stuff smell amazing but it preps my hair for all of the heat that is to come. I put this on towel dried hair and spray from about the middle of my head down. It also adds a little bit of extra moisture to dry strands!
3. Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil: In between hair cuts this stuff is a must for my ends. I only put this on my ends to protect them from splitting. I hate when you’ve curled your hair and the ends look fried and separated, this stuff prevents that! Again, smells amazing (probably the main reason I use B&B!).
4. T3 Styling Wand: After I blow dry my hair (I use a flat brush and blow dry the majority of my hair upside down for more volume), I curl my hair with the T3 Styling Wand. I know this thing is expensive and trust me, I have always bought my curling irons from Walgreens and never cared about the quality until I met this one. It really is a game changer. I credit my shiny curls to this lady. It heats the curl evenly and the barrel is made with ceramic making it much easier on your hair than metal curling irons. I curl my hair in three sections (bottom, middle and top) and curl ever curl away from my face, holding the curling iron above my head, facing down and wrapping each strand around the barrel for 10 seconds. Because I have thick hair, I curl my hair pretty tightly to ensure the waves stay.
5. Bumble & Bumble Spray de Mode: Again, smells amazing and is really flexible! I don’t like when you can tell that there is hairspray in your hair. I let each layer cool for 1 minute (after curling) and spray it quickly before moving on to the next layer.
Once I’ve sprayed the last layer I brush out with a wide tooth comb and I’m done! I don’t like my curls to look “done” hence the brush out. Leave any specific questions in the comments!